How to Add 3 Footer Widgets in a WordPress Website
WordPress is a powerful content management system that allows you to create and manage your own website without any coding knowledge. One of the many features that WordPress offers is the ability to add widgets to your footer. Widgets are small blocks of content that can be used to add a variety of functionality to your website, such as social media links, contact information, and navigation menus.
In this article, we will show you how to add 3 footer widgets in a WordPress website. We will use the default Twenty Twenty theme, but the steps will be the same for any WordPress theme.
Step 1: Log in to your WordPress dashboard
The first step is to log in to your WordPress dashboard. Once you are logged in, click on the Appearance tab and then click on the Widgets widget.
Step 2: Add a new footer widget area
In the Widgets page, you will see a list of all the available widgets. Scroll down to the Footer section and click on the + button to add a new footer widget area.
Step 3: Add widgets to the footer widget area
Once you have added a new footer widget area, you can start adding widgets to it. To do this, simply drag and drop the widgets from the Available Widgets list to the Inactive Widgets list.
You can add any of the available widgets to your footer widget area. Some popular options include:
- Text widget: This widget allows you to add text, images, and links to your footer.
- Social media widgets: These widgets allow you to add social media links to your footer, so that your visitors can easily connect with you on social media.
- Contact information widget: This widget allows you to add your contact information to your footer, so that your visitors can easily get in touch with you.
Step 4: Save your changes
Once you have added the widgets to your footer widget area, click on the Save button. Your changes will be saved and you will be able to see the widgets in your footer.
Step 5: Preview your website
To preview your changes, click on the Preview button in the top right corner of the WordPress dashboard. You will see your website as it will appear to visitors.
Step 6: Customize your footer widgets
Once you have previewed your website, you can customize your footer widgets. To do this, simply click on the widget that you want to customize. You will then be able to change the settings for the widget.
For example, if you are using the Text widget, you can change the text that is displayed in the widget, as well as the font, size, and color of the text.
Step 7: Add more footer widget areas
If you need to add more footer widget areas, you can do so by repeating steps 2 and 3.
Adding footer widgets is a great way to add additional functionality to your WordPress website. By following the steps in this article, you can easily add 3 footer widgets to your WordPress website.
Here are some additional tips for adding footer widgets:
- Use a variety of widgets to create a visually appealing footer.
- Make sure that the widgets are relevant to your website content.
- Keep the footer text short and concise.
- Use a call to action to encourage visitors to take a specific action, such as subscribing to your newsletter or following you on social media.
DO YOU WANT TO LEARN DIGITAL MARKETING IN 10 DAYS? REGISTER NOW