A blogroll is a list of links to other blogs that you find interesting or useful. It can be a great way to connect with other bloggers in your niche, and to give your readers a starting point for exploring new blogs.
To add a blogroll to your WordPress site without a plugin, follow these steps:
- Go to Appearance > Widgets.
- Drag the Navigation Menu widget to the sidebar where you want to display your blogroll.
- In the Title field, enter a title for your blogroll.
- In the Menu dropdown, select the Blogroll menu that you created in step 1.
- Click Save.
Your blogroll will now be displayed in the sidebar. You can edit your blogroll at any time by going back to Appearance > Widgets and editing the Navigation Menu widget.
Here are some tips for creating a successful blogroll:
- Choose blogs that are relevant to your niche.
- Include a variety of blogs, from big names to small, established blogs to new ones.
- Make sure the blogs you link to are well-written and informative.
- Update your blogroll regularly to keep it fresh.
A well-curated blogroll can be a valuable asset to your WordPress site. By following these tips, you can create a blogroll that will help you connect with other bloggers, attract new readers, and promote your own blog.