There are two ways to add a copyright in a WordPress website:
- Using the Customize interface
- Go to Appearance > Customize.
- In the Customize interface, click on Footer.
- In the Footer section, click on Copyright.
- In the Copyright field, enter your copyright text.
- Click on Publish to save your changes.
- Using a plugin
There are many plugins that can help you add a copyright to your WordPress website. One popular plugin is Copyright Notice. To use this plugin, follow these steps:
- Install and activate the Copyright Notice plugin.
- Go to Appearance > Settings > Copyright Notice.
- In the Copyright Notice settings, enter your copyright text.
- Click on Save Changes to save your settings.
Whichever method you choose, adding a copyright to your WordPress website is a good way to protect your content and let visitors know who owns the site.
Here are some additional tips for adding a copyright to your WordPress website:
- Make sure the copyright text is clear and easy to read.
- Use the correct copyright symbol (©).
- Include the year in your copyright text.
- Update your copyright text whenever you make changes to your website.
- Consider using a plugin to help you add a copyright to your website.