There are two ways to add ebook downloads in WordPress:
Method 1: Direct Ebook Downloads in WordPress Posts
With this method, you can offer your ebook as a free download using the WordPress File block. This block can even display your ebook’s content directly in the WordPress post or page.
Here are the steps on how to add direct ebook downloads in WordPress posts:
- Go to Posts > Add New.
- In the Write Post editor, click on the + icon to add a new block.
- In the Block inserter, search for File and click on the File block.
- In the File block, click on the Media Library button.
- In the Media Library, select the ebook file that you want to add.
- Click on the Select button.
- The ebook file will be added to the post.
- You can now add a title and description for the ebook file.
- Click on the Publish button to publish the post.
Once the post is published, visitors will be able to download the ebook file by clicking on the Download button.
Method 2: Using a WordPress Plugin
There are many WordPress plugins that allow you to add ebook downloads to your website. One popular plugin is called Easy Digital Downloads.
Easy Digital Downloads is a free and easy-to-use plugin that allows you to sell or give away ebooks on your website. With Easy Digital Downloads, you can create beautiful ebook download pages, set prices for your ebooks, and accept payments from customers.
To add ebook downloads to your website using Easy Digital Downloads, follow these steps:
- Install and activate the Easy Digital Downloads plugin.
- Go to Products > Add New.
- In the Product Details section, enter the title and description for your ebook.
- In the File Uploads section, upload your ebook file.
- Set the price for your ebook (optional).
- Click on the Publish button to publish your ebook.
Once your ebook is published, visitors will be able to download it by clicking on the Buy Now or Download button.