Here are the steps on how to add keywords and meta descriptions in WordPress:
- Install and activate the Yoast SEO plugin.
- Go to Dashboard > Settings > Yoast SEO.
- In the Search Appearance tab, scroll down to the Meta Description section.
- Enter a meta description for your homepage. This should be a short, concise summary of your homepage content.
- Enter keywords that you want your homepage to rank for. You can use the Keyword Tool to help you find relevant keywords.
- Click Save Changes.
To add keywords and meta descriptions to individual posts and pages, follow these steps:
- Go to Dashboard > Posts > All Posts or Dashboard > Pages > All Pages.
- Click on the title of the post or page that you want to edit.
- In the Yoast SEO meta box, enter a meta description and keywords for your post or page.
- Click Update.
By adding keywords and meta descriptions to your WordPress website, you can help improve your website’s search engine ranking.
How to Add Keywords and Meta Descriptions in WordPress using Rank Math
To add keywords and meta descriptions in WordPress using Rank Math, follow these steps:
- Go to your WordPress dashboard and click on the “Rank Math” plugin.
- Click on the “Titles & Meta” tab.
- In the “General” section, enter your focus keyword in the “Focus Keyword” field.
- In the “SEO Title” field, enter a title for your page or post that includes your focus keyword.
- In the “Meta Description” field, enter a brief description of your page or post that includes your focus keyword.
- Click on the “Save Changes” button.
Rank Math will now add your focus keyword and meta description to your page or post. This will help search engines to better understand your content and rank it higher in search results.
Here are some additional tips for adding keywords and meta descriptions:
- Use relevant keywords throughout your content. This will help search engines understand what your content is about.
- Keep your meta descriptions short and to the point. Google will only display the first 160 characters of your meta description in search results.
- Use keywords in your meta descriptions, but don’t stuff them in. This will make your meta descriptions look spammy and could hurt your website’s ranking.
- Use a keyword research tool to help you find relevant keywords.
- Update your keywords and meta descriptions regularly as you add new content to your website.