There are two ways to add nofollow links in WordPress:
- Using a plugin
- Go to the post or page you want to add the nofollow link to.
- Click the Text tab in the editor.
- In the text editor, highlight the text you want to use as the link anchor text.
- Click the Link icon in the toolbar.
- In the Link URL field, enter the URL of the website you want to link to.
- In the Link Text field, leave the text as-is or enter a different text to display for the link.
- Uncheck the Open in a new window checkbox.
- Check the Nofollow checkbox.
- Click the Insert button.
The nofollow link will now be added to your post or page.
Using a plugin
There are many plugins available that can help you add nofollow links to your WordPress website. One popular plugin is Nofollow Links. To use this plugin:
- Go to the Plugins page in your WordPress dashboard.
- Search for “nofollow links”.
- Install and activate the Nofollow Links plugin.
- Go to the Nofollow Links settings page.
- Configure the settings to your liking.
- Click the Save Changes button.
Nofollow links will now be added to all links you create in WordPress.
Which method should you use?
The method you use to add nofollow links to your WordPress website depends on your preferences and needs. If you are comfortable editing HTML code, then you can manually add nofollow links. If you prefer not to edit code, then you can use a plugin to add nofollow links.
Benefits of using nofollow links
There are several benefits to using nofollow links on your WordPress website. Nofollow links can help to:
- Prevent spam links from affecting your website’s SEO
- Protect your website from being penalized by Google
- Improve the quality of your website’s backlink profile
- Increase the trust and authority of your website
Adding nofollow links to your WordPress website is a simple and effective way to improve your website’s SEO and protect your website from spam. By following the steps above, you can easily add nofollow links to your website.