There are a few different ways to add social media icons in the header section of a WordPress website. Here are two methods:
Method 1: Using a WordPress widget
- Go to Appearance > Widgets in your WordPress dashboard.
- Drag the Social Media Icons widget into the header widget area.
- Click on the Social Media Icons widget to open its settings.
- Enter the URLs of your social media profiles in the URL fields.
- Select the icons that you want to use from the Icon dropdown menus.
- Click on the Save button to save your changes.
Method 2: Using a WordPress plugin
- Go to Plugins > Add New in your WordPress dashboard.
- Search for a social media icons plugin.
- Install and activate the plugin.
- Go to the plugin’s settings page to configure the plugin.
- Add the social media icons to the header section of your website using the plugin’s instructions.
Which method you choose will depend on your personal preference and the features that are available in the WordPress theme that you are using.
Here are some additional tips for adding social media icons to your WordPress website:
- Use a consistent set of icons across your website. This will help to create a cohesive look and feel.
- Choose icons that are relevant to your website’s content. This will help to attract visitors to your social media profiles.
- Make sure that the icons are easy to click on. This will help to ensure that visitors can easily follow you on social media.
- Test the social media icons on different devices and browsers. This will help to ensure that they display correctly on all devices.
How to add social media icons in the header section of wordpress with customizer
Here are the steps on how to add social media icons in the header section of WordPress with customizer:
- Go to your WordPress dashboard and click on Appearance > Customize.
- In the Customize screen, click on the Header tab.
- Under the Header tab, you will see a section called Social Media Icons.
- Click on the Add Social Media Icon button.
- In the Add Social Media Icon popup, select the social media icon that you want to add.
- Enter the URL of your social media profile in the URL field.
- Click on the Add button.
- Repeat steps 4-7 to add as many social media icons as you want.
- Once you have added all of the social media icons that you want, click on the Save button.
Your social media icons will now be displayed in the header section of your WordPress website.
Here are some additional tips for adding social media icons to your WordPress header:
- You can change the size and color of your social media icons by clicking on the Edit button next to the icon.
- You can also add a link to your social media profiles by clicking on the Link button next to the icon.
- If you want to add more than one social media icon to the same row, you can click on the + button next to the row.
- You can also drag and drop the social media icons to rearrange them.
- Once you are finished adding and customizing your social media icons, click on the Save button.