There are two ways to create Google Maps in WordPress:
- Using a WordPress plugin
- Without using a WordPress plugin
Using a WordPress plugin
There are many WordPress plugins that allow you to add Google Maps to your website. Some popular plugins include:
- WP Google Maps
- Insert Google Maps
- Easy Google Maps
To use a WordPress plugin to add Google Maps to your website, simply install and activate the plugin of your choice. Once the plugin is activated, you will be able to add Google Maps to your website using the plugin’s settings orshortcode.
Without using a WordPress plugin
You can also add Google Maps to your WordPress website without using a plugin. To do this, you will need to create a Google Maps account and generate an embed code for your map.
To create a Google Maps account, go to the Google Maps website and click on the “Create a New Map” button. Once you have created a map, you can generate an embed code for your map by clicking on the “Share” button and then clicking on the “Embed a map” button.
Once you have generated an embed code for your map, you can add it to your WordPress website by pasting the code into the Text tab of the WordPress page editor.
Here are the steps on how to add Google Maps to WordPress without using a plugin:
- Go to Google Maps and create a map.
- Make your map public.
- Generate an embed code for your map.
- Add your Google Map API key to the embed code.
- Add the embed code to the Text tab on your WordPress page editor.
- Preview the map and save your page.
Here are some additional tips for adding Google Maps to WordPress:
- You can use the Google Maps API to customize your maps.
- You can add markers to your maps to indicate specific locations.
- You can add labels to your markers to provide more information about the location.
- You can use the Google Maps API to create interactive maps.
I hope this helps!