Over time, your WordPress media library can accumulate a lot of unused images. This can slow down your website and make it difficult to find the images you need. If you’re looking to clean up your media library, you can bulk delete multiple images at once.
Method 1: Use the WordPress dashboard
- Go to Media > Library in your WordPress dashboard.
- Select the images you want to delete. You can select multiple images by holding down the
Ctrlkey (Windows) or
Commandkey (Mac) while clicking.
- Click the Delete button.
- Click Delete Permanently to confirm.
Method 2: Use FTP or SSH
If you have access to your WordPress server via FTP or SSH, you can delete multiple images by deleting the corresponding files from the uploads directory.
- Log in to your WordPress server via FTP or SSH.
- Navigate to the
- Find the files that correspond to the images you want to delete.
- Delete the files.
- Before deleting any images, make sure you have a backup of your WordPress site.
- If you’re not sure which images to delete, you can use a plugin like WP Media Cleaner to help you identify unused images.
- Once you’ve deleted the images, you can empty the trash to free up space on your server.
- how to delete multiple images in wordpress
- bulk delete images in wordpress
- delete unused images in wordpress
- clean up wordpress media library
- wordpress media cleaner plugin