WordPress comes with a built-in image editor that allows you to make basic edits to your images, such as cropping, rotating, scaling, and flipping.
To access the image editor, follow these steps:
- Go to the Media tab in the WordPress dashboard.
- Click on the image you want to edit.
- In the Image Details section, click on the Edit Image button.
- The image editor will open in a new window.
- You can use the following tools to edit your image:
- Crop: Click on the Crop button to select the area of the image you want to keep.
- Rotate: Click on the Rotate Left or Rotate Right buttons to rotate the image.
- Scale: Click and drag the corner handles to resize the image.
- Flip: Click on the Flip Horizontally or Flip Vertically buttons to flip the image.
- When you’re finished editing your image, click on the Save button.
The edited image will be saved in your Media Library. You can then add the image to your posts or pages.
Here are some additional tips for using the WordPress image editor:
- You can use the Crop tool to remove unwanted parts of an image.
- You can use the Rotate tool to correct an image that is upside down or sideways.
- You can use the Scale tool to resize an image to fit a specific width or height.
- You can use the Flip tool to mirror an image horizontally or vertically.
- You can use the Undo and Redo buttons to undo or redo your changes.
If you need to make more advanced edits to your images, you can use a third-party image editor, such as Photoshop or GIMP.