Polylang is a free WordPress plugin that makes it easy to create a multilingual website. It allows you to add multiple languages to your site, translate your content, and switch between languages easily.
To create a multilingual WordPress site with Polylang, follow these steps:
- Install and activate the Polylang plugin.
- Go to Settings > Languages in the WordPress admin area.
- Click Add New Language and select the language you want to add.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each language you want to add.
- Once you’ve added all the languages you want, you can start translating your content.
To translate a post or page, edit the post or page and click the Translate tab.
In the Translate tab, you’ll see a list of all the languages you’ve added. Click on the language you want to translate to and start translating your content.
Once you’ve translated your content, click Publish to save your changes.
To switch between languages, add the Polylang language switcher widget to your sidebar or footer.
The Polylang language switcher widget will display a list of all the languages you’ve added. Visitors to your site can click on the language they want to view your site in.
Here are some additional tips for creating a multilingual WordPress site with Polylang:
- Use a translation management system (TMS) to help you manage your translations. A TMS can help you organize your translations, track changes, and collaborate with other translators.
- Use a translation memory (TM) to store your translations. A TM can help you save time and money by reusing translations you’ve already done.
- Test your multilingual site thoroughly before making it live. Make sure all of your content is translated correctly and that all of the links work properly.
Creating a multilingual WordPress site with Polylang is a great way to reach a wider audience. By following these tips, you can create a multilingual site that is both informative and user-friendly.