There are two ways to easily remove the WordPress icon from the browser tab:
Method 1: Using the Theme Customizer
- Go to Appearance > Customize.
- In the left-hand column, click on Site Identity.
- In the Site Icon section, click on the Remove button.
- Click on the Save Changes button.
Method 2: Editing the favicon.ico file
- Log in to your WordPress site’s file manager.
- Go to the **/wp-content/themes/your-theme-name/ directory.
- Find the file named favicon.ico.
- Delete the file.
- Go to your website and refresh the page.
The WordPress icon should now be removed from the browser tab.
Note: If you’re using a child theme, you’ll need to edit the favicon.ico file in the child theme’s directory, not the parent theme’s directory.
- The WordPress icon is a small image that appears next to the title of your website in the browser tab. It’s used to identify your website as a WordPress site.
- You can remove the WordPress icon if you want your website to look more professional or if you have your own custom logo that you want to use instead.
- Removing the WordPress icon won’t affect the functionality of your website in any way.
NEED A WEBSITE ? GET STARTED HERE