Here are the steps on how to install WordPress in XAMPP localhost:
- Download XAMPP. You can download XAMPP from the official website.
- – For Windows, Linux & MacOS: https://www.apachefriends.org/download.html
- Install XAMPP. Once you have downloaded XAMPP, run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Download WordPress. You can download the latest version of WordPress from the official website.
- – Get WordPress: https://wordpress.org/download/
- Create a local database in phpMyAdmin. phpMyAdmin is a web-based application that allows you to manage your MySQL databases. To create a local database, open phpMyAdmin in your browser and click on the “New” button. Enter a name for your database and click on the “Create” button.
- Install WordPress on localhost. To install WordPress on localhost, extract the WordPress files to the “htdocs” folder in your XAMPP installation. Once the files have been extracted, open a web browser and navigate to “http://localhost/wordpress”. You will be prompted to enter a username, password, and website title. Enter your desired information and click on the “Install Now” button.
- Log in to WordPress. Once WordPress has been installed, you can log in to your new site by visiting “http://localhost/wordpress/wp-admin”. Enter your username and password and click on the “Log In” button.
Once you have logged in to WordPress, you can start customizing your site. You can add new pages, posts, and media, and you can install plugins and themes to extend the functionality of your site.
Here are some additional tips for installing WordPress in XAMPP:
- Make sure that you have the latest version of XAMPP installed.
- Create a separate database for each WordPress installation.
- Use a strong password for your WordPress installation.
- Keep your WordPress installation up to date.
By following these tips, you can help to keep your WordPress installation secure and stable.
NEED A WEBSITE FOR YOUR BUSINESS? GET IT HERE