Here are the steps on how to properly rename categories in WordPress:
- Go to Posts > Categories in your WordPress dashboard.
- Find the category you want to rename.
- Click the Edit button next to the category name.
- Enter the new category name in the Name field.
- (Optional) Enter a new category description in the Description field.
- Click the Update Category button.
That’s it! You’ve successfully renamed a category in WordPress.
Here are some additional tips for renaming categories in WordPress:
- Use descriptive names that accurately reflect the content of the category.
- Keep the names short and simple.
- Avoid using special characters or spaces in the names.
- If you’re renaming a category that has already been used in URLs, be sure to set up 301 redirects to the new URL. This will help to prevent any broken links.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.