There are two ways to turn off comments notifications in WordPress:
Method 1: From the WordPress dashboard
- Go to Settings > Discussion in your WordPress dashboard.
- Scroll down to the Email me whenever section.
- Uncheck the boxes next to Anyone posts a comment and A comment is held for moderation.
- Click Save Changes.
Method 2: From the comment form
- Go to the post or page where you want to disable comments notifications.
- Click on the Comment Form widget.
- Uncheck the box next to Notify me of new comments by email.
- Click Save.
Note: If you disable comments notifications, you will no longer receive emails when someone comments on your blog posts. You can still check and approve comments manually from the Comments page in your WordPress dashboard.
- If you receive a lot of spam comments, you can use a spam filtering plugin to help reduce the number of notifications you receive.
- You can also use a plugin to customize the way WordPress sends comment notifications. For example, you can change the email subject line or the frequency of notifications.
- If you’re not sure how to disable comments notifications, you can always ask for help from a WordPress developer or support forum.