Here is a WordPress SEO audit checklist that you can use to improve your website’s ranking in search engines:
- Check your website’s crawlability and indexability. Use Google Search Console to see if your website is being crawled and indexed by Google.
- Fix any technical errors. Use a tool like Screaming Frog SEO Spider to find and fix any technical errors on your website.
- Optimize your website’s speed. A slow website will hurt your SEO. Use a tool like Google PageSpeed Insights to see how fast your website is loading and make improvements where needed.
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly. More and more people are using their mobile devices to search the web. Make sure your website is optimized for mobile devices.
- Use a content delivery network (CDN). A CDN can help to improve your website’s speed by delivering your content from servers that are closer to your visitors.
- Use a static site generator. A static site generator can help to improve your website’s speed by generating static pages that are cached by the browser.
- Use a staging environment. A staging environment is a copy of your production website that you can use to test changes before you deploy them to production.
- Back up your website regularly. Backing up your website regularly will help you to recover from any unexpected problems.
- Use relevant keywords in your title tags and meta descriptions. Your title tags and meta descriptions are the first thing people will see when they search for your keywords in Google. Make sure they are relevant and informative.
- Use keywords throughout your content. Don’t just stuff your keywords into your title tags and meta descriptions. Use them throughout your content in a natural way.
- Structure your content for SEO. Use heading tags, subheadings, and bullet points to break up your content and make it easy for search engines to read.
- Use images and videos. Images and videos can help to improve your SEO and make your content more visually appealing.
- Internally link your content. Internal links can help to improve your website’s navigation and boost your SEO.
- Build backlinks to your website. Backlinks are links from other websites to your website. They are a valuable signal to Google that your website is high-quality.
- Create high-quality content that is relevant to your target audience. This is the most important factor in SEO. If you create great content, people will link to it, which will help to improve your rankings.
- Publish new content on a regular basis. The more content you publish, the more opportunities you have to get backlinks and improve your rankings.
- Promote your content on social media and other channels. Get the word out about your content so that people can read it and share it.
By following this checklist, you can improve your website’s SEO and boost your rankings in search engines.