There are two ways to uninstall and delete a WordPress theme:
- Using the WordPress dashboard
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Appearance > Themes.
- Click on the name of the theme you want to delete.
- Click the Delete button in the bottom right corner.
- Click Delete Theme in the confirmation dialog box.
- Using an FTP client
- Log in to your web hosting account using an FTP client.
- Navigate to the
- Find the folder of the theme you want to delete.
- Right-click on the folder and select Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
- You cannot delete the active theme. To delete the active theme, first activate a different theme.
- If you have any custom changes to the theme files, those changes will be lost when you delete the theme.
- If you’re not sure which theme to delete, it’s a good idea to keep a backup of all your themes. This way, you can restore a theme if you accidentally delete it or if you decide you want to use it again in the future.
- If you’re having trouble deleting a theme, you can try using a WordPress theme removal plugin. There are a number of plugins available that can help you uninstall and delete themes quickly and easily.
Check also how to install a wordpress theme
NEED TO LEARN WORDPRESS DEVELOPMENT WITH ONE-ON-ONE TUTOR? JOIN NOW