When writing an application letter, you should follow these steps:
- Heading: Include your contact information (name, address, phone number, and email) on the top left-hand corner of the page.
- Salutation: Address the recipient by name if possible. If you don’t know their name, use a generic greeting such as “Dear Hiring Manager.”
- Introduction: Begin by stating the position you’re applying for and how you found out about it. Also include a brief summary of why you’re interested in the position.
- Body: Use the body of the letter to highlight your qualifications and experience that make you a good fit for the role. Use specific examples to demonstrate your skills and accomplishments.
- Conclusion: End the letter by reiterating your interest in the position and thanking the employer for considering your application. Also include your availability for an interview or further discussion.
- Closing: Close the letter with a professional sign-off such as “Sincerely” or “Best regards,” followed by your name and signature (if sending a physical copy).
Remember to proofread your letter carefully before submitting it, and tailor it to the specific job and company you’re applying to.