About the role
We are seeking an IT Application Support and Data Analyst to help design and manage applications utilized in projects throughout the SSA region. You will assist operational staff in the management and analysis of their data and provide exceptional technical support to regional teams through responsive and efficient data reporting and IT support. The position will be based in any of our SSA offices in Ethiopia/Kenya/Rwanda/Zimbabwe, with frequent travel to the regional office in Nairobi, Kenya. Please note that we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and reserve the right to close our vacancies early. This is a consultancy position with level of engagement being approximately 3 days in a week.
Job responsibilities: an exhaustive list can be found in the attached job description.
• Develop a deep understanding of the services provided by programmes in the region and understand how applications and data can fully support their objectives
• Responds to all IT support requests within the stipulated timelines and providing 1st and 2nd Line Support for application systems within the region
• Create standard Microsoft Excel templates for the collection and reporting of data ensuring that the integrity of data is maintained.
• Using tools including Microsoft Excel and PowerBi to design reports that inform operational colleagues on the performance of the contracts they manage.
• Work with the Global Data Security Officer to ensure that data is stored and transferred to EDT data security rules and guidelines
• BSc/BA in Computer Science or relevant field
• Prince2/ITIL awareness, relevant certifications would be a bonus but not a requirement
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in data analytics, reporting, application support and configuration
• Experience of working in an IT Support capacity in a medium or large organisation
Closing date: May 21st , 2023
Interview dates: The first and second interviews will be held in the weeks ending May 29th and July 5th, 2023, respectively.
Application process: towards the bottom of this page you can download the job description and apply. Once you click apply you will be required to complete a short online application form and upload your CV.
About the organisation
At Education Development Trust, we improve school systems at scale; we partner with governments around the world to help turn ambitious, visionary education policy into reality. We invest annually in our programme of education research and this evidence underpins our work and informs policy and practice around the world. We have a long-established presence in Africa – running programmes since 1992 – and have worked with a range of governments, donor agencies and partners to improve education across the continent, providing short-term, expert consultancy and delivering long-term, national education programmes. We have specialist expertise in sustainable school system reform at scale – from improving literacy and numeracy outcomes, to large-scale teacher training and strengthening the capacity of national ministries. We are experienced in leading complex programmes in challenging environments and we also work with like-minded organisations to ensure we maximise our impact.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal record checks. Education Development Trust also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, and we may request information from relevant job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual misconduct, including harassment, during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.